Faculty Learning Environment
Our commitment to preparing the next generation of physicians and healthcare leaders extends to supporting the internationally renowned faculty of approximately 4,000 teachers and physician scientists across four Illinois sites. One of the most important factors in educating medical students is the ability to recruit and develop faculty to be great teachers. Our faculty are chosen for their subject matter expertise, but they must also know the fundamentals and best practices of teaching our students.
- Creating and supporting a community of leaders in education and a culture of excellence in teaching and learning
- Fostering the careers of educators in medicine and science
- Providing educational workshops to improve the skills of instructors
- Stimulating and supporting the creation and implementation of innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- Supporting educational research and scholarship in medical and graduate education
Some of the learning opportunities available to faculty:
For 1-on-1 instructional design consultations, contact us!
- Chicago - Max Anderson, MLIS, MS, Instructional Designer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peoria - Leslie Hammersmith, MS, Assistant Dean of Technology-Enhanced Instruction, email@example.com
Rockford - TBA
In addition to the resources you can find here, our Department of Medical Education (DME) also supports faculty development and training. DME is a valued asset to the College of Medicine as their focus on faculty development is unparalleled amongst medical institutions.
Click here for specific information on how DME supports faculty development.