Who Are We?
- To further the teaching, research, and public service missions of the University of Illinois, and pursuant to the authority granted to it by Chapter 110 Compiled Statutes, Section 330/5, the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Physicians
Group (the “UIPG”) was formed.
- The University of Illinois Physicians Group (UIPG) is responsible for the University of Illinois College of Medicine (UIC COM) clinical practice activities.
- UIPG Mission: To deliver comprehensive clinical services that improve the health status of the communities we serve
Medical Service Plan (“MSP”)
- Business/ Financial Arm of the UIPG
- By-Laws establish:
- the way in which the clinical practice is organized and administered
- the manner in which professional fees shall be charged
- the manner in which any charges so collected shall be disbursed.
Membership of UIPG
- Full Members: Full Members shall be all full-time faculty who must, upon acceptance of such appointment, be bound by the terms of the MSP By-Laws.
- Full-time Faculty means a position on the faculty of the College as a full-time employee (1.0 FTE) of the University of Illinois, and/or an affiliated Veterans Administration Medical Center, or as a full-time employee of the University and any hospital with which the College has an agreement stating that such employees shall be members of the faculty and MSP of the College.
Governance: MSP Board of Directors
The MSP Board of Directors is constituted in the following manner:
- All Clinical Department Heads (17)
- An elected member representative from each of the clinical departments who is not the department head. The department representative must be a voting member of MSP for a term of two years.
- The Dean
- The MSP Executive Director and others as named by the Dean. Each shall be exofficio members without vote
UI Health Hospital & Medical Staff
- UI Health Hospital and Clinics: The UI Health Hospital & Clinics is the academic health center hospital that is the primary teaching affiliate for the UIPG where there is a commitment to shaping the future of healthcare through innovative and advanced clinical care.
- UI Health Hospital Medical Staff: All Full and Associate members of the University of Illinois Physicians Group are members of the University of Illinois Hospital Medical Staff.
UI Medical Staff
- Reports to and is accountable to the Governing Board of the University of Illinois which is the University of Illinois Board of Trustees.
- Mechanism by which the Medical Staff may promulgate rules and regulations for governing itself
- Provide mechanisms through which these rights and privileges may be exercised.
- Provide a formal mechanism through which the Medical Staff may advise administration on matters affecting patient care and vice versa.
- Enforce the Medical Staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies by recommending action to the Governing Body in certain circumstances and taking action in others.
Clinical Affairs Leadership Team
- Executive Director
- Chief Business Officer
- Associate Dean Administration
- Associate Dean Clinical Affairs
- Assistant Dean Clinical Affairs
- President, WWT
The UIPG is committed to providing quality patient care to
the communities we serve
Expanding our Clinical Footprint
- UI Hospital and Clinics: Inpatient /Outpatient/ Emergency Department
- Ambulatory Off-site Multispecialty Clinics:
- UI Health at University Village (MAC/ Family Medicine)
- UI Health at 55th & Pulaski Health Collaborative
- Little Company of Mary
- Emergency Department
- Surgery Subspecialities
- UIPG Department Led Clinics
- Millennium Park (Optho)
- 900 Michigan (Urology)
- South Loop Clinic (Medicine)
Opportunities for Involvement
- MSP Board of Directors (department elected representative)
- Compliance committee
- Managed Care committee
- Business Development
- Strategic Planning