Publications and Presentations
Many UI COM faculty and students pursue scholarship to shed light on best practices in medical education including:
- the theories, methodologies and technologies of teaching and learning
- the impact of curriculum on practice behaviors
- how physicians and all healthcare practitioners collaborate to create a patient-centered, safe environment for clinical care.
Our academic Department of Medical Education has a rich history as an international resource for training teaching faculty in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, notably with its MHPE program, and it continues to develop leaders in medical education and research.
AAMC Learn Serve Lead Annual Meeting, November 11-15, 2016 Seattle WA
- Making It Stick: Initial Implementation of an Intelligent Study System for Adaptive Learning and Enduring Mastery in Two Medical Schools (oral presentation). M Lineberry, A Khan, C Kamin, A Riordan, S Dauner, D Lorens, A Gangopadhyaya, N Rajagopal, J. Kibble, S. Gaglani, R. Haynes
- Mentoring in Educational Scholarship: Aligning Values for Successful Collaboration, Cooperation, and Consultation (panel). S Rougas, P O’Sullivan, M Blanco, C Boscardin, A Fornari, J Riddle, S Uijtdehaage, E Cichoski-Kelly, N Saks, R Blanchard, N Borges.
- Differential Weighting for Subcomponent Measures of Integrated Clinical Encounter Scores (RIME paper). Y Park, M Lineberry, G Bordage, R Yudkowsky, A Hyderi.
- “You Are Here”: Introducing Medical Students to Measurement of Professional Identity Formation (oral presentation). S Yingling, A Kalet, V Harnik, L Buckvar-Keltz, S Hubbard, R Crowe.
- Comparing Residents’ Communication and Interpersonal Skills between Telemedicine and Face-to Face Encounters (oral presentation). A Gangopadhyaya, Y Park, R Yudkowsky
Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA), March 29-31, 2017, Chicago
- We Need an Instructional Designer! Six essential questions you should ask before, during and after you hire (workshop). M Anderson, F Haggar, LM Love, P Moore.
- Assessing students’ situational awareness through direct observation: Raising the bar in the post-clerkship curriculum (oral presentation). S Yingling, KM Atkins, E Aagaard, W Cutrer, D Gugliotti, S Padrino, R Schwartzstein. A Millennium Conference multi-institution collaboration.