Other Opportunities for Students
MICEFA – Clinical Electives in Paris, France
We are currently accepting applications for our medical exchange program, which aims to bring 3rd and 4th-year medical students to Paris to experience a comparative approach to medicine and public health practices. Please forward this information to any students who may be interested in carrying out a clinical elective in Paris.
MICEFA can place you in the clinical elective of your choice. Some of the most popular electives chosen are Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Infectious Disease, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, Dermatology. This list is not exhaustive so do not hesitate to ask if you are looking for a specific elective or a sub-specialization.
Electives must be a minimum of 4 weeks. Students may request one elective for 4 or 8 weeks or two 4-week electives in different specialties.
Partnering French Universities
- Paris VI – Faculté de Médecine – Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC)
- Paris VII – UFR de Médecine – Paris Diderot
- Paris XI – Faculté de Médecine Paris-Sud
- Paris XIII – Paris-Nord – UFR Santé, Médecine, Biologie Humaine
- Université Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines – UFR Sciences de la Santé
- Approval by home institution
- 3rd- or 4th-year medical student at partnering North American university
- Students must have at least an A2 (lower intermediate level of French) to be able to participate in the program. Some universities (UPMC and Université Paris Diderot) as well as certain fields of study (Emergency Medicine) will require a higher proficiency of French (B2). MICEFA is able administer a French Language Placement test.
Application & Deadline
Please find herein attached the application for the medical exchange program or you can download it off our website : www.micefa.org (Medical Exchange Program). The completed application with supporting documents should be returned to your home institution’s international coordinator. The home institution will submit the completed application to MICEFA. Electronic submissions are accepted.
Application must be submitted at least 3 months before elective request date.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.