The University of Illinois College of Medicine understands that the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a number of our candidates’ application preparation. Our goal for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle is to create a positive experience that helps to ease the anxiety that COVID-19 may have caused.
For your convenience we have listed updates to our admissions cycle for 2020-2021 below:
- Due to the impact of COVID-19 on MCAT testing, all applicants will be invited to complete a secondary application.
- We will accept pre-requisites completed online during the spring and summer semesters of 2020.
- We will accept courses evaluated as pass, satisfactory, or credit received.
- Reach out to us if you are unable to meet our letters of recommendation requirement.
- All interviews for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle will be conducted virtually via Zoom.
Additional information regarding COVID-19.
- MCAT Coronavirus FAQs: https://students-residents.aamc.org
- AAMC VITA Information: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/applying-medical-school-process/aamc-video-interview-tool-admissions/
- Premed Navigator: https://students-residents.aamc.org/navigator/
- UIC Healthprofessions advising office: https://prehealth.las.uic.edu/pre-health-related-covid-19-updates/
- AAMC Statements on COVID-19: https://students-residents.aamc.org/content/article/addressing-concerns-and-questions-mcat-examinees-a/?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mcat&utm_content=q&a