Admissions Entrance Process
Three programs—three admission decisions—one application.
Applicants must apply using the UIC common application, and select Honors College and GPPA Medicine admission consideration as part of their application. Once prospective students are accepted into UIC and the Honors College, GPPA Medicine prospective students will be considered for the GPPA Medical Scholars Program.
In order to apply to the GPPA program, all applicants must complete the Common Application, complete the UIC First Year Supplement which includes the GPPA Application and the Honors College Application, and submit two letters of recommendation. For more information, please visit the application guide.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICANTS
- December 1, 2020 – Deadline for GPPA Medical Scholars Program. Prospective students must submit their full UIC common application, including the supplements for GPPA and Honors College applications.
- May 1, 2021 – Intent to Enroll deadline for student acceptance for GPPA Medical Scholars Program
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- December 2020-January 2021- CASPer test: Applicants advanced to the next stage will be asked to take the CASPer test. The CASPer test can be taken on 12/10/2020 or 1/17/2020. Information on how to register will be provided via email. More information can be found on the website at https://takecasper.com/.
- January 2021 – February 2021– Interviews conducted by GPPA Medicine.
- April 1, 2021– GPPA Applicants will be informed of their admission decision on or before this date.
Honors College Entrance Requirements: The most competitive students for admission into the Honors College have a minimum 3.5 GPA.
GPPA Medical Scholars Requirements: The most competitive students for admission into the GPPA Medical Scholars program have a minimum GPA of 3.75. Additionally, students should demonstrate an interest in medicine during high school.
Once admitted, to maintain eligibility in the GPPA Medical Scholars Program, students must at minimum:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.6
- Maintain a science GPA of 3.6
- Complete a senior thesis
- Attain an MCAT score of 512
- Successfully complete the GPPA Medical Scholars Program coursework
- Additional requirements can be found on the Conditions of Acceptance page.