Connecting health science employers with employees
A robust collaborative initiative that creates bridges between industry and education to improve the workforce pipeline, Inspire Illinois is a priority project of the Health Science Learning Exchange (HSLE). Inspire Illinois is powered by Career Cruising, an Internet-based career exploration and planning tool accessible from school, home, or wherever students have online access.
This initiative provides employers with mechanisms to develop talent from local communities; scale existing work-based learning and career-readiness programs; have efficient points of contact with the future workforce; and educate students, parents, educators and job seekers about current and projected workforce needs.
EMPLOYERS: SHOWCASE YOUR COMPANY
Inspire Illinois’s company profiles enable employers to describe their business, highlight their unique attributes, and communicate their areas of need to future employees.
- Employer profiles can include company description, videos, location information, a list of occupations they employ, and details on work-based learning
- Employers can answer company- and career-related questions from students and job seekers through system-wide message boards
- Employers can track the number of students that have saved their company profile into their personalized education plan
- Educators can easily find and learn about local employers and see what types of opportunities they offer for work-based learning
- Students can link directly from occupation information to the profiles of related companies or search the companies
ENGAGE THE FUTURE WORKFORCE
Inspire Illinois’s diverse and powerful tools enable companies, educators, and local system administrators to engage the current and future workforce.
- Employers, educators, and system administrators can send students and job-seekers targeted messages through mediated communication to protect students’ and job seekers’ privacy
- System administrators can post event listings, customize multimedia labor market and industry information, and highlight specific employers in the region
- Educators can easily communicate with employers
to coordinate field trips, guest speakers, co-op placements, scholarship applications, etc.
- Educators can view and manage the work-based learning requests they and their students have made