Faculty of the Year Nomination and Processing Guidelines
All full time and part time faculty of the College of Medicine are eligible for this honor. While College administrators and Department Heads are eligible, strong cases must be presented for their receiving the award.
Any College of Medicine faculty member may make a nomination. The impact of the nominee’s achievements does not need to have occurred in the year of the award. If the nominator is not the head of the nominee’s unit, it is requested that the nominator submit a copy of the nomination materials to the appropriate head for his or her endorsement.
Nominations should be made each Spring, open to faculty at all four sites of the College of Medicine. All nominations should be submitted to the College Committee on Faculty Awards. However, if a campus wishes to use a selection committee to rank order its nominees it may do so and provide that information to the Faculty Awards Committee.
Excellence in any or all of the areas listed below.
- Special achievement in University leadership or national/regional society organization or administration.
- Receipt of a prestigious national recognition that reflects positively on the College of Medicine or the University.
- Recognition for outstanding teaching, clinical or research performance.
- Special effectiveness in curriculum or instructional material development.
- Nomination materials must include, at a minimum, an up-to-date copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae and a detailed letter of support from the nominator describing the nominee’s accomplishments. Prior nominations not receiving the award may be resubmitted for reconsideration for a maximum of three consecutive years. A new curriculum vitae must be provided along with an updated letter of endorsement.
- All nominations for the Faculty of the Year Award faculty must be submitted by Wednesday, March 7, 2018. A signed original and an electronic copy of the materials should be directed to the attention of Gillian Coombs, Director of Faculty Affairs, Office of Faculty Affairs, 124 CMW, M/C 784 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Nominations for faculty at the Peoria, Rockford and Urbana campuses may have an earlier deadline at the local level. Please check with your Regional Dean’s Office.
- The College Committee on Faculty Awards will submit its recommendation to the Dean of the College of Medicine.
College Committee on Faculty Awards
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs