UIC University Scholar Award: Guidelines and Required Documents
Please Note: This process is confidential. A nominator should not inform the individual of his or her nomination. University Scholar Award recipients will be notified by the President in late summer.
- Nominators often will be the chair or head of the faculty member’s unit; when this is not the case, it is requested that a nominator submit a copy of the nomination materials to the appropriate head or chair for endorsement.
- Nominees need not come from the nominator’s own unit.
- Department heads and chairs are themselves eligible for nomination.
- Past University Scholars are not eligible for the award.
- Only tenured or tenure track faculty are eligible for the award.
Required Documents for Nomination
- Nominee’s up-to-date curriculum vitae, which should include complete information on research funding history and external awards and prizes.
- A detailed statement of justification from the nominator.
- A description of what criteria are especially important for defining excellence and national eminence in the nominee’s field of learning. (Nominators should keep in mind that nomination materials will be reviewed at the campus level by a panel of faculty from differing disciplines, i.e., non-specialists)
- Outside letters of appreciation or recommendation should not be included or quoted within the nomination.
- Failure to supply all required materials may result in a returned application.
- Materials must be submitted electronically as a PDF file to Gillian Coombs ([email protected]) by Monday, February 8th, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact the COM Office of Faculty Affairs.