Appointment and Promotion Forms for the Academic (RT), Academic (CT), and non-tenure Research Tracks
Use the promotion and tenure forms posted below and NOT the campus forms available through the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs’ website. The College of Medicine’s forms have been customized to provide additional details relating to the evaluation of teaching.
Departments must notify the COM Office of Faculty Affairs of anticipated AY19-20 promotion cases in their units by Friday, May 31, 2019.
Paperwork deadline for promotions to Associate Professor with tenure in the Academic RT and Academic CT Tracks:
Friday, September 6, 2019
Paperwork deadline for promotions in the non-tenure Research Track and for promotions to Professor in the Academic RT, and Academic CT Tracks:
Friday, September 13, 2019
These are firm deadlines.
New appointments at advanced rank also require completion of the packet, but may be submitted at any point in the academic year for review at the next scheduled meeting.
- COM Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Faculty (full document)
- COM Norms Statements
- COM Departmental-Level Norms By Site (as reported Fall, 2018)
- Soliciting Evaluations from External Referees, Former Students, and Collaborators: instructions and samples
- COM P&T Timeline
- Meeting Schedule – Faculty Appointments, Promotions and Tenure Committee
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: 2019-20
- Preparer’s Submission Checklist – signed originals
- Information Summary Form – original and 2 copies, plus electronic submission in Word format
- Tenure and Contract History – original plus electronic submission in Word format
- 2019-20 P&T Dossier Forms: RT, CT and Research Tracks – Original and 2 copies, plus electronic submission in Word format and pdf file of all external documents
- Collaborator Attestation Form (required only for tenure system assistant professors and Q contract associate professors) A sample letter for solicitation of attestation forms is available here.
- Candidate’s current CV (should include details on teaching and clinical activities as well as the traditional information on education, work history, honors, funding, publications, and presentations, and service) – 2 copies plus electronic submission in Word format
- Recent publications – 3 articles presented as 2 collated hard copy sets, plus electronic submission
- Instructions for the Electronic File and Submission of RT, CT, and Research Track Dossier Forms
UIC CAMPUS PROMOTION AND TENURE POLICIES & GUIDELINES: 2019-2020
- Calendar of P&T Dates and Deadlines
- Part I, General Policies and Procedures
- Part II, Suggestions for the Preparation of an Effective Promotion and Tenure Case
- Part III, Instructions for the Preparer
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- AAMC information on CV preparation
- Key Points Regarding the Preparation of Promotion and Tenure Forms
- Mid-Probationary Review
- Special Instructions Relating to the Teaching and Evaluation Sections
- Teaching Portfolio:Manual for Evaluating Teaching in the College of Medicine
- Process for Q Contract Recommendations
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs.