AY2021-22 Appointment and Promotion Forms for the non-tenure Clinical Discipline Track
Use the promotion and tenure dossier forms posted here and NOT the campus forms available through the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs’ website. The College of Medicine’s forms have been customized to provide additional details relating to the evaluation of teaching.
REMINDER: Departments must provide their list of anticipated AY21-22 promotion cases to COM Office of Faculty Affairs by Friday, May 21, 2021.
Non-tenure Clinical Discipline track
Paperwork due for promotions from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor and from Associate Professor to Professor: Monday, August 2, 2021. This is a firm deadline.
New appointments at advanced rank also require completion of the packet, but may be submitted at any point in the academic year for review at the next scheduled meeting.
- Key Points Regarding the Preparation of Promotion and Tenure Forms
- COM Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Faculty (full document)
- College of Medicine Clinical Discipline Norms
- COM Departmental-Level Norms By Site (as reported Fall, 2020)
- External Referees: (instructions and sample letters)
- COM P&T Timeline
UIC CAMPUS PROMOTION AND TENURE POLICIES & GUIDELINES: 2021-2022
Changes to the guidelines have been highlighted; please review carefully.
- Calendar of P&T Dates and Deadlines
- Part I, University General Policies and Procedures
- Part II, Suggestions for the Preparation of an Effective Promotion Case
- Part III, Instructions for the Preparer
- COM Instructions for the Electronic File and Submission of Clinical Discipline Track Dossier Forms
For the AY21-22 promotions cycle, affixing scanned signature images is a suitable alternative to securing original signatures.
- Dossier Preparer and Unit Coordinator Checklist – electronic submission
- Information Summary Form – electronic submission in Word format
- 2021-22 P&T Dossier Forms: Clinical Discipline – electronic submission of dossier in Word format, and PDF files of all external documents
- Candidate’s current CV – electronic submission in PDF or Word format
- Recent publications – 3 articles submitted electronically as PDFs
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- AAMC information on CV preparation – The College of Medicine considers the AAMC’s tips and strategies for constructing CVs extremely helpful. However, please note that promotion and tenure dossiers require information be presented in chronological order (old to new). For this reason, faculty may find it beneficial to maintain 2 versions of their CV.
- Teaching and Evaluation Sections – Special Instructions
- Teaching Portfolio: Manual for Evaluating Teaching in the College of Medicine
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs.