Appointment and Promotion Forms for the non-tenure Clinical Discipline Track
Use the promotion and tenure forms posted below and NOT the campus forms available through the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs’ website. The College of Medicine’s forms have been customized to provide additional details relating to the evaluation of teaching.
Departments must notify the COM Office of Faculty Affairs of anticipated AY19-20 promotion cases in their units by Friday, May 31, 2019.
Paperwork deadline for promotions in the Clinical Discipline Track:
Friday, August 16, 2019
This is a firm deadline.
New appointments at advanced rank also require completion of the packet, but may be submitted at any point in the academic year for review at the next scheduled meeting.
- COM Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Faculty (full document)
- College of Medicine Clinical Discipline Norms
- COM Departmental-Level Norms By Site (as reported Fall, 2018)
- External Referees: Instructions and Sample Letters
- COM P&T Timeline
- Deadlines and Meeting Schedule
- Preparer’s Submission Checklist – signed originals
- Information Summary Form – original and 2 copies, plus electronic submission in Word format
- Contract History – original plus electronic submission in Word format
- 2019-20 P&T Dossier Forms: Clinical Discipline – Original and 2 copies, plus electronic submission in Word format and pdf files of all external documents
- Candidate’s current CV (should include details on teaching and clinical activities as well as the traditional information on education, work history, honors, funding, publications, and presentations, and service) – 2 copies plus electronic submission in Word format
- Recent publications – 3 articles presented as 2 collated hard copy sets, plus electronic submission
- Instructions for the Electronic File and Submission of Clinical Discipline Track Dossier Forms
UIC CAMPUS PROMOTION AND TENURE POLICIES & GUIDELINES: 2019-2020
- Calendar of P&T Dates and Deadlines
- Part I, University General Policies and Procedures
- Part II, Suggestions for the Preparation of an Effective Promotion Case
- Part III, Instructions for the Preparer
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs.