- Street Safety for the Urban Explorer
- Conquering Conflict
- Respectful Love: What Does it Look Like?
- Stretching Out Your Stress
- Minimizing Stress, Maximizing Learning
- Study Smart
- Time Management for the Busy Student
- 101 – Self-Care is Self-Preservation
- 102 – Solutions to the Top Self-Care Challenges
- 103 – Stressed? It’s Not Your Fault! Learn Why and How to Manage It
- Imposter Syndrome: Through a Different Lens
- Resources for the 8 Dimensions of Wellness (Physical, Occupational, Spiritual, Environmental, Financial, Social, Intellectual, Emotional/Sexual)
- “Breaking Free of the Cult of Productivity”: Podcast
- As a key goal and strategy within the College of Medicine’s Strategic Plan, we aim to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive UI COM-munity. We will provide resources for students, trainees, faculty, and staff and support cross-college and interdisciplinary engagement and integration.
- The UI College of Medicine Mentoring Program is intended to be a useful way to help faculty members excel in their academic environment. Assistance from a well-respected mentor can be an invaluable supplement to the guidance and assistance that a department chair provides during the early years of a faculty member’s career. The program’s success will depend on the faculty mentees, their mentors, the facilitators, and the department chairs all taking an active role in the acclimation process.
- Online resources are available further describing this program as well as a list of departmental mentoring facilitators.
- Information for patients and visitors:
UIC University Police
Emergency number: 312-355-5555
UIC Office of Preparedness and Response
- Links to incident reporting
UIH GME Confidential Hotline
- If you have an issue relating to your residency program that you don’t feel comfortable discussing with your chief resident or program director, please call the GME Resident Hotline 312-996-8662.
UIH GME Well-Being
- To promote well-being and to foster a sense of community and compassion, we have built this website to assist you to mitigate the effects of stress and prevent burnout.
- This program is available to all UIC employees and is a confidential assessment and referral service that provides problem identification, counseling, and referral services for employees and their families. https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/benefits/worklife/eap
Employee Assistance Service (EAS)
365 Clinical Sciences North
820 S. Wood St.
Care for the Caregiver (C4C) Program
- As part of the Office of the Chancellor, the Office for Access and Equity (OAE), strives to increase access to employment, programs, and services in an environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- On the landing page, there are links for reporting various concerns including incidences of bias, discrimination and harassment. This link provides a non-exhaustive list of resources through this website: OAE Resources
- Diversity Resources • Harassment Resources
- Disability Resources • Grievance Procedures
- Gender Inclusive Resources • Behavioral Threat Assessment Team
- As part of the Office for Access and Equity, Dispute Resolution Services (DRS) provides confidential consultation, facilitation, and mediation services to students, faculty, academic and support staff. DRS also provides consulting services including unit assessments, teambuilding, training and workshops.
- Faculty and staff members may make a request for reasonable accommodation in order to perform job duties through the Office for Access and Equity (OAE).