Clinical and Adjunct Tracks
Promotion Forms for the Clinical & Adjunct Tracks (non-tenure)
Use the promotion and tenure dossier forms posted here and NOT the campus forms available through the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs’ website. The College of Medicine’s forms have been customized to provide additional details relating to the evaluation of teaching.
2023-24: Salaried Promotion Deadlines Heading link
Friday, June 2, 2023
- Departments are asked to submit their Anticipated Promotions list to COM Faculty Affairs by no later than Friday, June 2, 2023.
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
- Clinical and Adjunct Tracks: Paperwork due for salaried promotions from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor and from Associate Professor to Professor.
2023-24: Non-Salaried Promotion Deadlines Heading link
Wednesday, January 25, 2024
- Departments are asked to submit their Anticipated Non-Salaried Promotions list to COM Faculty Affairs by no later than Wednesday, January 25, 2024.
March 13, 2024
- Paperwork due for non-salaried promotions from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor and from Associate Professor to Professor.
Links Heading link
- Key Points Regarding the Preparation of Promotion and Tenure Forms
- COM Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Faculty (full document)
- COM Norms Statements
- COM Departmental-Level Norms By Site (as reported Fall, 2023)
- Soliciting Evaluations from External Referees, Former Students, and Collaborators (instructions and samples)
- COM P&T Timeline
UIC Campus Promotion and Tenure Policies and Guidelines
- Summary of P&T Modifications for AY23-24
- Part I, General Policies and Procedures
- Part II, Suggestions for the Preparation of an Effective Promotion and Tenure Case
- Part III, Instructions for the Preparer
- Part IV, COM Instructions for the Electronic File and Submission of Dossier Forms
- Campus Calendar of P&T Dates and Deadlines
- Video Tutorial: How to Prepare and Complete the Electronic File of the Dossier Forms (highly recommended for P&T Candidates, Dossier Preparers, and Coordinators)
College of Medicine Submission Requirements
Units should submit promotion packets to the College by uploading them into the appropriate COM P&T submissions folder in Box. Please contact Rosa Setterstrom for access to your unit’s Box folder.
Affixing scanned signature images is a suitable alternative to securing original signatures.
- Dossier Preparer and Unit Coordinator Checklist – electronic submission
- Information Summary Form (ISF) – electronic submission in Word Format
- P&T Dossier Forms: electronic submission of dossier in Word format, and PDF files of all external documents
- Candidate’s current CV – electronic submission in Word or PDF format
- Recent publications – 3 articles submitted electronically as PDFs
- Alternative UEO assignment – sample language for requesting an alternative Unit Executive Officer in cases of conflicts or ineligibility
New appointments at the rank of associate professor or professor in the clinical and adjunct tracks may be submitted at any point in the academic year for review at the next scheduled committee meeting. The appropriate forms should be selected from the above options, based upon whether or not the candidate will be salaried.
Additional Information and Resources
- COM P&T Timeline
- Teaching Portfolio: Manual for Evaluating Teaching in the College of Medicine
- Teaching and Evaluation Sections – special instructions
- Annual Report on Faculty Teaching Effort form
- AAMC tips on CV preparation – Please note that promotion and tenure dossiers require information be presented in chronological order (old to new). For this reason, faculty may find it beneficial to maintain 2 versions of their CV.
- Mid-Probationary Reviews
- Process for Q Contract Recommendations