Clinical Discipline Track
Promotion Forms for the non-tenure Clinical Discipline Track
Use the promotion and tenure dossier forms posted here and NOT the campus forms available through the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs’ website. The College of Medicine’s forms have been customized to provide additional details relating to the evaluation of teaching.
2023-24 Promotion Cycle Deadlines Heading link
Friday, June 2, 2023
- Departments are asked to provide their Anticipated Promotion Cases list to COM Office of Faculty Affairs by Friday, June 2, 2023.
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
- Paperwork due for Clinical Discipline track promotions from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor and from Associate Professor to Professor
These are firm deadlines.
Important note: For the 2023-24 p&t cycle, faculty in the Teaching track who are seeking promotion should use the Clinical Discipline dossier.
Links Heading link
- Key Points Regarding the Preparation of Promotion and Tenure Forms
- COM Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Faculty (full document)
- COM Norms Statements
- COM Departmental-Level Norms By Site (as reported Fall, 2023)
- Soliciting Evaluations from External Referees, Former Students, and Collaborators (instructions and samples)
- COM P&T Timeline
UIC Campus Promotion and Tenure Policies and Guidelines
- Summary of P&T Modifications for AY23-24
- Part I, General Policies and Procedures
- Part II, Suggestions for the Preparation of an Effective Promotion and Tenure Case
- Part III, Instructions for the Preparer
- Part IV, COM Instructions for the Electronic File and Submission of Dossier Forms
- Campus Calendar of P&T Dates and Deadlines
- Video Tutorial: How to Prepare and Complete the Electronic File of the Dossier Forms (highly recommended for P&T Candidates, Dossier Preparers, and Coordinators)
College of Medicine Submission Requirements
Units should submit promotion packets to the College by uploading them into the appropriate COM P&T submissions folder in Box. Please contact Rosa Setterstrom for access to your unit’s Box folder.
Affixing scanned signature images is a suitable alternative to securing original signatures.
- Dossier Preparer and Unit Coordinator Checklist – electronic submission
- Information Summary Form (ISF) – electronic submission in Word Format
- 2023-24 P&T Dossier Forms: Clinical Discipline – electronic submission of dossier in Word format, and PDF files of all external documents
- Candidate’s current CV – electronic submission in Word or PDF format
- Recent publications – 3 articles submitted electronically as PDFs
- Alternative UEO assignment – sample language for requesting an alternative Unit Executive Officer in cases of conflicts or ineligibility
Additional Information and Resources
- COM P&T Timeline
- Teaching Portfolio: Manual for Evaluating Teaching in the College of Medicine
- Teaching and Evaluation Sections – special instructions
- Annual Report on Faculty Teaching Effort form
- AAMC tips on CV preparation – Please note that promotion and tenure dossiers require information be presented in chronological order (old to new). For this reason, faculty may find it beneficial to maintain 2 versions of their CV.
- Mid-Probationary Reviews
- Process for Q Contract Recommendations