Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Welcome to Occupational & Environmental Specialty Resource Page. This online repository houses relevant resources and contact information for students seeking career advice. We encourage you to review the career-related materials provided (e.g. Specialty Webinar, Interview Questions, Research, etc.) as you seek support in your journey through medical school.
Please note that Occupational & Environmental Residency is an advanced residency. An applicant must have completed at least one year of training in another specialty. Many applicants are or will be board eligible in another specialty by the time of entering training. It is strongly recommended that you speak with the this specialty Faculty advisors and Student Affairs Specialty Advisors early in planning.
MATCH PREPARATION AND CHARTING OUTCOMES
Entry to these programs is not through a formal match (see tab below “application timing”.)
- Use this link to find information for the Urology Match [ Society of Academic Urologists https://www.auanet.org/education/auauniversity/for-residents/urology-and-specialty-matches)] .
- Looking for residency programs? The AAMC interactive, Careers in Medicine Website is where you should be! LINK
- Having difficulty deciphering this information? Contact your Student Affairs Career Advisor on your campus!!!
Residency Career Planning Helpful Links
Below you will find resources to help you get started when applying for residency.
(Updated August 24, 2021)
American Urological Association (AUA)
American Medical Association (AMA)
- FREIDA Residency and Fellowship Program Database
- Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA Online)
- The Road to Residency Made Simple
- AMA Residency match made simple: From M4 to PGY-1 in 6 steps
AAMC/NRMP/NBME collaborative Residency Exploration Tool
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
Medical Residency and Fellowship Map
National Resident Matching Program (NRMP
- Match Data and Reports
- NRMP Charting Outcomes in the Match
- Charting Outcomes
- Match Prism App: for mobile devices Search the app store on your mobile device!
San Francisco Match (SF Match)
SPECIALTY FACULTY LIAISON
Michelle (Kim) Hargis, MD
Daniel A. Bakston, MD, MPH
Linda Rae Murray M.D. , MPH , F.A.C.P.
Peter Orris, MD, MPH
ZOOM: Orris zoom_0.mp4