How to get involved with the College?
- Administration of a department or other formally organized unit of instruction or of a clinical service.
- Director of special departmental or interdepartmental training or research programs.
- Service as a class or student advisor.
- Member of department, program, College, or University governing bodies or committees.
- Representative of the department, program, College, or University to outside agencies.
- Chairperson of course committees.
- Appointment or election to offices in local, regional and national medical societies.
- Service to local institution, hospital, and community
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE STANDING COMMITTEES
The Committee on Committees develops standing committee slates each July based on faculty interest, balanced representation of departments, and diversity of membership.
Faculty are invited to indicate their interest in committee service via an annual survey sent in June. Opportunities for involvement include service on committees relating to:
- Instruction and Appraisal
- Student Promotions
- Student Awards and Scholarships
- Faculty Awards
- Continuing Medical Education
- Student Experience
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Elections are held annually for the College Executive Committee (August) and the UIC Faculty Senate (February).