We are the University of Illinois College of Medicine GPPA Medical Scholars Program. We invite you to explore our website and get to know us a bit more as you consider your future education goals.
The GPPA Medical Scholars Program in the College of Medicine embraces the values and principles of a liberal arts education, and facilitates an excellent undergraduate liberal arts or engineering education enriched by special College of Medicine (COM) programs focused on the scope of medicine and healthcare in the context of the evolution of the social contract and its relation to the profession of medicine.
- To learn critical thinking skills including clarity of expression and logical precision.
- To learn to determine and prioritize what is important to think about and act upon.
- To acquire basic medical education knowledge and understanding central to the training in medical education and career in medicine.
- To embrace and lead self-wellness and discovery by exploring and becoming knowledgeable in the areas that will help oneself lead an enjoyable life (such as, but not limited to: literature, music, arts, athletics, theater, etc.).
- To become a socially active and participatory leader in society.