Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Illinois College of Medicine!
Before you matriculate this fall, please take note and mark your calendar for important Plan to Enroll (PTE) and Commit to Enroll (CTE) dates and deadlines.
Accepting Your Offer Heading link
Selecting your campus assignment
Once an offer has been made to you, please log in to the Secondary Application Portal to select “Accept” and then proceed with ranking your campuses.
- Campus assignments are made February-March of each application cycle.
- Visit Campus Selection for more information.
Accepting Technical Standards
Plan to enroll (PTE) through Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) in AMCAS* Heading link
- Between February and April 15th, AMCAS will require you to narrow down your PTE options to only three schools with which you hold acceptances (there is no limit to the number of waitlists you can hold).
- UI COM’s own PTE deadline is April 30th of the year you plan to matriculate, which will reserve a seat for you here.
- Selecting PTE at UI COM by April 30th indicates that you have selected us as one of only three medical schools that you are considering attending. There is no limit to the number of waitlists you can be on.
*Failure to PTE by the required deadlines communicates to UI COM that you will not be matriculating with us in the fall and you will be removed from the entering class.
Commit to enroll (CTE) through Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) in AMCAS* Heading link
- Selecting “Commit to Enroll” indicates that you have made a commitment to join our program and are not holding any other offers or positions on any waitlists.
- Commit to Enroll (CTE) becomes available on April 30th.
- CTE deadline is July 1 of the year you plan to matriculate.
*Failure to CTE by the required deadlines communicates to UI COM that you will not be matriculating with us in the fall and you will be removed from the entering class.
Deferral Requests Heading link
While the general preference of the Committee on Admissions is to avoid deferral of matriculation, we understand that life’s circumstances may not always accommodate starting medical school with your admitted class.
Accepted applicants who wish to request a deferral for up to one year may submit, in writing, a request to do so and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.