intro Heading link
Our vision is to develop a vibrant and diverse community where each faculty member will have optimal support to advance and flourish towards their career goals and become leaders, to their optimal potential, contributing to the institution’s mission.
Our goal is to offer robust, evidence-based faculty development and advancement programs and resources, with a special focus on advancing diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as promoting leadership, well-being, compassion and resilience in our faculty.
We look forward to working with you to support your advancement and well-being. We welcome your suggestions for continuous quality improvement of our faculty development initiatives.
Memoona Hasnain, MD, MHPE, PhD
Associate Dean for Faculty Development
Professor of Family and Community Medicine
links Heading link
Additional Resources at UIC Heading link
Additional Resources at UIC
- DOM Bias Reduction in Internal Medicine (BRIM)
- UIC Office for Faculty Affairs
- A Mosaic for UIC Transformation University of Illinois at Chicago Diversity Strategic Planning
- The Institute for Research on Race and Public Policy
- UIC Gallery 400 Anti-racist Resources – (additional resource at the local and international level)
- UIC Counseling Center’s Responding to Racism Guide – (last page include more than 30+ resources)
- Resources to Discuss Racism and Traumatic Events with Children
- Coronavirus, Racism & Racial Equity Issues
- Statements Against Racism, Hate & Discrimination
- Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Award (CURA)
Faculty interested in sponsoring an undergraduate student as a student research assistant through the CURA program are asked to complete an eligibility inquiry form to determine if the student qualifies for the program (i.e., to determine whether the student has demonstrated financial need).
- Teaching Against Racism in the time of COVID-19 Resources