Scholarly and Research Opportunities
Intro Heading link
The University of Illinois College of Medicine is devoted to providing a comprehensive student scholarship experience encompassing the breadth and depth of biomedical research pursuits in modern academic medicine.
Our students engage with faculty mentors who conduct innovative, cutting edge research in basic biomedical science and translate fundamental findings into clinical practice and societal health across all University of Illinois College of Medicine campuses and medical specialties.
Research and scholarship participation affords our students with critical analytical, communication, and problem solving skills; offers scientific education and enrichment; enhances residency candidacy and competitiveness; and cultivates career success and maturation into burgeoning physician scientists.
Programs Heading link
Featured Opportunities Heading link
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery Research Fellowship
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Epidemiology Elective Program (EEP)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Orthopaedic Surgery Research Fellowship
- Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes and Obesity
- UIC Department of Pediatrics Summer Research Opportunities
- NIH Summer Internships & Medical Scholars Research Programs
- The Vanderbilt University Medical Student Research Training Program (SRTP)
- HIV Vaccine Research Grants for Medical Students
- Summer Internship Scholarship in Cardiothoracic Surgery.