We provide leadership in international medical education, oversee all collaborations and programs for international medical education, create and promote international education exchange programs for students and faculty, explore international markets for partnership in educational endeavors, foster an educational environment that embraces multicultural perspectives, and explore funding opportunities that support international educational activities.
We strive to educate culturally competent physicians-in-training and create an internationally recognized program, which embraces and promotes the importance of our mission.
- Establish collaborations with institutions worldwide to promote exchange of students and faculty with interests in international education.
- Create partnerships with academic institutions and medical corporations that have specific needs in education in cutting edge procedures, skills and innovations.
- Survey and search for new markets for the establishment of medical schools and other education programs, where UI COM educational expertise could be beneficially utilized.
- Explore funding opportunities to support a variety of international education activities.
- Arrange electives for international visiting students to obtain clinical education at UI COM.
- Advise and provide contacts to UI COM medical students who desire to expand their clinical education in developing countries and with under served populations.
- Construct and maintain a comprehensive database where any kind of COM international educational experience could be searched and used for appropriate education purposes.