The University of Illinois College of Medicine (UI COM) has expectations for teachers and students. To ensure the high quality of education for which we hold ourselves accountable, we steadfastly insist that all faculty, resident, and students are aware of our formal policies.
Please read through the attached compact to further your understanding of the culture we want to espouse here at UI COM.
This webpage consists of policies and procedures that apply to students and educators at all campuses within the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Questions or concerns regarding material on this page can be directed to Dean Kashima or Dean Curry. Please be assured that any concerns or feedback provided will be given immediate attention by the administration.
College of Medicine Policies Heading link
Curriculum Policies and Procedures
- Phase 1 Assessment Policies and Procedures
- Phase 1 Attendance and Late Arrival Policy
- Phase 1 Decompressed Program
- Phase 2 and Phase 3 Curriculum Requirements
- Expectations for Participation in Phase 2 and Phase 3 Clinical Experiences
- Unanticipated Interruption of Testing Policy
- Step 1 Deferral Procedures Class of 2025
- Step 1 Deferral Procedures Class of 2026
- Learning Environment Statement
- UI COM Positive Learning Environment Policy
- Social Media Usage Guidelines
University Policies Heading link
The College of Medicine adheres to University Policies. For reference here are some of the relevant University policies.
- Confidentiality of Student Records (Family Education Records Privacy Act – FERPA)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy and Resource Guide
- Academic Integrity Policy