University Medical Student Council
Mission Heading link
The University Medical Student Council (UMSC) is established with the intent of supporting and promoting the collective interests of the medical students of the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
This mission shall be achieved through fostering communication and cooperation among the three campuses of the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Vision Heading link
The University Medical Student Council (UMSC) for the University of Illinois College of Medicine represents and promotes the collective interests of the general student body at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. UMSC engages all medical students, as colleagues, to form a College of Medicine that improves, evolves, and thrives. The mission and vision of UMSC shall be achieved by fostering UMSC’s values and fulfilling UMSC’s constitutional duties.
Values Heading link
- Representation of and advocacy for the student voice
- Unification of student body
- Cross-campus communication and cooperation
- Assessment and improvement of the College of Medicine
- Social exchange of ideas
- Accountability and transparency
- Equity and balance across campuses
- Empowerment of medical student leaders
- Initiative and service
Meetings Heading link
General Meeting Schedule
- 10:00 am – meeting start (please use Zoom link sent to UIC email)
- 12:00 pm – break for lunch
- 1:00 pm (variable) – meeting is adjourned
- The meetings will be conducted in a hybrid format, where individuals from each campus will have in-person meetings while also connecting with other campuses through video conference using Zoom.
Please check your email for general body meeting date, time, and Zoom meeting URL. Contact the historian/webmaster if you would like to be re-sent meeting information.