Anti-Racism Urgent Action Committee
The University of Illinois College of Medicine has established the Anti-Racism Urgent Action Committee.
The committee’s charge is to use the next two to three months to establish an immediate action plan for mitigating the impacts of racism and/or reducing systemic inequities facing people of color by focusing on two types of urgent actions:
- Immediate changes in policies, processes, or training that will ensure short-term change
- Immediate change to college-wide goals and metrics that will enable necessary medium and long-term change
The initial focus areas are:
- Medical School Curriculum
- Student Learning Environment
- Resident Recruitment and Concerns
- Student/Faculty /Staff Recruitment & Retention
- Faculty/Staff Development
- Faculty/Staff Environment
- External Impact
Committee and Subcommittee Membership
Check back for a full list of committee members.
For those interested in serving on the Anti-racism Urgent Action Committee, we will provide a link on June 30 with the subcommittee options so that you may notify us of your specific interest and your contact information. Thank you for your commitment to this endeavor.