- The primary AMCAS application deadline for the upcoming 2020-2021 interview season is Nov 2, 2020.
- The supplemental application deadline is December 1, 2020.
- A completed application includes: secondary application, CASPer, letters of recommendation, and secondary application fee.
- Non-Canadian international students must provide proof of legal status by the December 1, 2020 deadline.
For the 2020-2021 application cycle, all applicants will be invited to complete a secondary application.
- AMCAS FAP recipients are exempt from the supplemental application fee.
Our average MCAT for the class seated in 2020 was 512 and the average GPA was 3.8. UICOM practices Holistic Admissions and considers other factors that impact student metrics.
The last MCAT administration of 2020.
- Yes, we consider international applicants.
- International applicants must have legal status in the US.
- International applicants must have at least 32 credits worth of course work form a degree granting institution in the United States.
- International transcripts must be evaluated through WES
- Yes, we consider Canadian applicants as international students.
- Canadian transcripts are included in the AMCAS application we receive.
- Yes, we consider applicants with DACA status.
- We do not offer funding for admitted DACA students.
- We require a minimum of three academic letters of recommendation or one composite recommendation from a pre-professional committee. We will accept one research letter in lieu of a faculty letter. Acceptable letters of recommendations are written by professors, academic advisor(s), thesis supervisor(s) or research supervisor(s). Letters of recommendation must be completed on official university or business letterhead.
- Non-traditional applicants, we will accept letters of recommendation written by supervisors or other professionals that are able to provide additional insight about you.
- More information on letters of recommendation….
You need three courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences (for example: Psychology, Ethics, Economics, Gender Studies or Sociology, etc.). Check with us if your institution provides courses that are not included in our short list of courses above.
A minimum of a baccalaureate degree is required. Advanced degrees such as, Masters or Doctorate will meet this requirement.
No, however, our advanced level biology and biochemistry requirements must be completed at a four-year science degree granting institution.
Class and Curriculum
- Chicago- 180
M1 Orientation takes place in early August.
We offer Joint degree programs. More about our programs.
- MD/ PhD
- MD/MS CTS
Yes, we offer the following Scholarly Concentration Programs. More about our scholarly programs.
- Rural Medical Education Program (RMED)
- Global Medical Education Program (GMED)
- Urban Medicine (UMED)
- Innovation Medicine (IMED)
- Clinician Executive Medicine (CEMED)
- Innovation in Rural Global Medicine (IRGmed)