FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The primary AMCAS application deadline for the upcoming 2022-2023 interview season is Nov 1, 2022.
- The supplemental application deadline is December 1, 2022.
- A completed application includes: secondary application, Altus Suite (CASper, Duet, Snapshot), and secondary application fee.
- Non-Canadian international students residing in the U.S. must provide proof of legal status by the December 1, 20 22 deadline.
- US Permanent Residents must upload a copy of their green card to the application portal.
Yes, we require the CASPer in addition to Snapshot and Duet.
Additional information on CASPer dates.
All qualified applicants will receive a secondary invitation.
- AMCAS FAP recipients are exempt from the supplemental application fee.
Our average MCAT over the past 5 years is 513 and the average GPA is 3.8. UICOM practices Holistic Admissions and considers other factors that impact student metrics.
The last MCAT administration of 2022.
- Yes, we consider international applicants.
- International applicants residing in the US must have legal status in the US.
- International applicants must have at least 32 credits worth of course work form a degree granting institution in the United States.
- International transcripts must be evaluated through WES
- For more details visit our International Students page.
- Yes, we consider Canadian applicants as international students.
- Canadian transcripts are included in the AMCAS application we receive.
- Yes, we consider applicants with DACA status. Please note that we do not offer funding for admitted DACA students.
You need three courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences (for example: Psychology, Ethics, Economics, Gender Studies or Sociology, etc.). Check with us if your institution provides courses that are not included in our short list of courses above. Visit our How to Apply page for more details
A minimum of a baccalaureate degree is required. Advanced degrees such as, Masters or Doctorate will meet this requirement.
No, however, our advanced level biology and biochemistry requirements must be completed at a four-year science degree granting institution.
We encourage you to choose a major that aligns with your personal passions and interest, keeping in mind our perquisites.
You will receive an email notifying you when your application is complete and moved to a screening queue. Failure to turn the following list of items, in any part, will result in an application processing delay. Visit the Secondary Application Portal to review your submitted items:
- AMCAS application
- Secondary Application
- MCAT score
- CASPer score
- International Documentation (visa(s) upload)
- We require three letters of recommendation for each application. Depending on the type of applicant you are (traditional or non traditional), the three letter writers will vary. Please refer to our LOR instructions and grid for more details.
- AMCAS resources on letters of recommendation.
- Letters of Recommendation are reviewed manually by a member of the OMCA Team. Please allow 72 hours for the review of your letters once they are received.
- Letters of Recommendation that do not meet our minimum requirements will have text in the “notes” section for the applicant to act on.
I took the MCAT and plan to retake it. All of the other items in my application are complete. Can you wait before reviewing my application until my new score comes in?
Once your application is complete, it will be moved to a screening queue, whether your new score is available or not. To avoid being moved to the screening queue until your new score comes in, please ensure that you’ve indicated a future MCAT date in the primary application through AMCAS before submitting your secondary.
UICOM carefully screens each of its applicants–approximately 7,500– holistically, which may result in a delay in hearing from us. If it’s been over 6 weeks since your application was marked complete, you are welcome to submit an update via the “Other Documents” section of the Secondary Application Portal to reaffirm your interest in our institution, or provide other updates that are relevant to the Committee on Admissions (such as updates on research, employment, experiences, etc.). These will be reviewed by the Committee.
Class and Curriculum
- Chicago- 180
M1 Orientation takes place in early August.
We offer Joint degree programs. More about our programs.
- MD/ PhD
- MD/MS CTS
Yes, we offer the following Scholarly Concentration Programs. More about our scholarly programs.
- Rural Medical Education Program (RMED)
- Global Medical Education Program (GMED)
- Urban Medicine (UMED)
- Innovation Medicine (IMED)
- Clinician Executive Medicine (CEMED)
- Innovation in Rural Global Medicine (IRGmed)