Requirements and Timeline
Minimum Degree Requirement:
- A baccalaureate degree must be earned prior to matriculation.
Biological and Physical Science Pre-requisites
- Two courses of general biology with laboratory
- Two courses of general chemistry or equivalent with laboratory
- One course of organic chemistry with an accompanying laboratory (Note: A second course of organic chemistry is recommended, or if required by the applicant’s institution)
- One course of introductory biochemistry
- Two courses of general physics with laboratory
- One course of advanced-level biology (junior or senior level)
Behavioral Science Pre-requisites
- Candidates must complete three courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences in the following disciplines: Psychology, Anthropology, Economics, Gender Studies or Sociology.
- Two of the above three courses completed must be in the same field of study.
- If an applicant is uncertain whether a course will count toward a behavioral science pre-requisite, the applicant must provide documentation on the content of the course to be considered by emailing the admissions office
- MCAT: All candidates must take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) no more than three years prior to enrollment.
- For the 2018-2019 cycle, tests taken January 2016 through September 2018 will be accepted
- Letters of Recommendation: Premedical committee evaluation OR three letters from instructors (any field of study) from whom the candidate has taken courses. One of the letters can be from a research mentor. These letters should critically evaluate the candidate’s academic ability, strengths and weaknesses, motivation for medicine, maturity, difficulty of course work, and special attributes/assets. Personal letters of recommendation are not acceptable. If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program or professional school, one letter must be from a faculty member at the graduate or professional school.
- CASPer is now required
- Casper Dates
- On-site Interview
Additional Admissions/Matriculation Requirements:
- Self-certification to Safety and Technical Standards requirement
|April||AMCAS applications available|
|June||AMCAS applications may be submitted|
|July – Dec||Selection of applications with completed AMCAS application are invited to submit supplemental applications materials|
|Aug – Feb||Applicants invited for campus interviews|
|Sept||Last acceptable MCAT|
|Sept-March||Admissions offers sent to selected candidates|
|Oct||Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at fafsa.gov|
|Nov 2||Deadline for AMCAS application|
|Nov 20||Deadline for CASPer|
|Dec 3||Deadline for UICOM supplemental application and fee|
|Dec 3||Letters of Recommendation due with AMCAS|
|April 30||AAMC acceptance protocol deadline|
|August||Mandatory College of Medicine orientation|