UICOM Admissions is committed to increased flexibility in our admissions process to ease some of the disruption to our applicants’ plans. We will update the website as we modify our timelines and encourage you to email us with any questions at [email protected]
Requirements and Timeline
Minimum Degree Requirement:
- A baccalaureate degree must be earned prior to matriculation.
Biological and Physical Science Pre-requisites
- Two courses of general biology with laboratory
- Two courses of general chemistry or equivalent with laboratory
- Two courses of organic chemistry with an accompanying laboratory*
- One course of introductory biochemistry
- Two courses of general physics with laboratory
- One course of advanced-level biology (junior or senior level)
Behavioral Science Pre-requisites
- Candidates must complete three courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences. For example: Psychology, Ethics, Economics, Gender Studies or Sociology, etc.
- If an applicant is uncertain whether a course will count toward a behavioral science pre-requisite, the applicant must provide documentation on the content of the course to be considered by emailing the admissions office
*The second semester of organic chemistry can be waived if your university does not have it as a pre-requisite for biochemistry.
- MCAT: All candidates must take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) no more than three years prior to enrollment.
- For the 2020-2021 cycle, tests taken January 2017 through the final test date in 2020 will be accepted.
- Letters of Recommendation: Premedical committee evaluation OR three letters from instructors (any field of study) from whom the candidate has taken courses. One of the letters can be from a research mentor. These letters should critically evaluate the candidate’s academic ability, strengths and weaknesses, motivation for medicine, maturity, difficulty of course work, and special attributes/assets. Personal letters of recommendation are not acceptable. If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program or professional school, one letter must be from a faculty member at the graduate or professional school.
- CASPer is required
- Casper Dates
- All interviews will be virtual for the 2020-2021 application cycle.
Additional Admissions/Matriculation Requirements:
- Self-certification to Safety and Technical Standards requirement
|May 4||AMCAS applications available|
|May 28||AMCAS applications may be submitted|
|July – Dec||Selection of applications with completed AMCAS application are invited to submit supplemental applications materials|
|Aug – Feb||Applicants invited for campus interviews|
|Dec||Last acceptable MCAT|
|Sept-March||Admissions offers sent to selected candidates|
|Oct||Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at fafsa.gov|
|Nov 2||Deadline for AMCAS application|
|Dec 1||Deadline for CASPer|
|Dec 3||Deadline for UICOM supplemental application and fee|
|Dec 3||Letters of Recommendation due with AMCAS|
|April 30||AAMC acceptance protocol deadline|
|August||Mandatory College of Medicine orientation|