Scholarly and Research Opportunities
Research and scholarly projects can be YOUR PATHWAY to the career you want!
Our curriculum is rigorous, and will set you on the road to becoming a physician. However, everyone’s career goals are different, and each will need additional skills to get there. The College of Medicine has faculty on each of its campuses who conduct cutting-edge research and scholarship in basic biomedical science, and in the translation of basic findings into clinical practice and societal health. Look here for tips, links, and contacts to programs, faculty, and information to get started.
Find Scholarly and Research Opportunities
The University of Illinois College of Medicine supports innovative research across its four campuses. View the opportunities listed below (by regional campus) for specific information regarding openings and contacts. While not exhaustive, these links are a good starting point for students. They are updated with some regularity—keep returning!
- UIC Department of Pharmacology Summer Internship
- The Department of Pharmacology at UIC has an summer intern opportunity for a highly motivated student who seeks for voluntary experience working in a productive laboratory. Eligible candidate should have biology or related major, previous lab work experience is preferred but not required. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- National Kidney Foundation of Illinois Medical Student Grant Program
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Epidemiology Elective Program (EEP)
- The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine is accepting applications for the Orthopaedic Surgery Research Fellowship. There are 5 positions available for the 2019-2020 academic year. The ideal candidate is one looking to take time off between their 3rd and 4th years of medical school to enhance their exposure to the field of Orthopaedic Surgery. Past fellows average 8-12 publications from the fellowship. Details regarding this fellowship can be found here.
Please visit the Department of Medicine Scholarly Activities website to view opportunities.
Please visit the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology website to view opportunities.
Share Your Feedback
Please let us know if you are experiencing any issues, have suggestions, or want to share a scholarly or research opportunity by filling out the feedback form on this page. We are able to provide helpful updates for everyone based on comments and feedback from users like you. Thank you!