Scholarly and Research Opportunities
Research and scholarly projects can be YOUR PATHWAY to the career you want!
Our curriculum is rigorous, and will set you on the road to becoming a physician. However, everyone’s career goals are different, and each will need additional skills to get there. The College of Medicine has faculty on each of its campuses who conduct cutting-edge research and scholarship in basic biomedical science, and in the translation of basic findings into clinical practice and societal health. Look here for tips, links, and contacts to programs, faculty, and information to get started.
Find Scholarly and Research Opportunities
The University of Illinois College of Medicine supports innovative research across its four campuses. View the opportunities listed below (by regional campus) for specific information regarding openings and contacts. While not exhaustive, these links are a good starting point for students. They are updated with some regularity—keep returning!
- NIH Medical Research Scholars Program
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Medical Research Scholars Program (MRSP) is a comprehensive, year-long research enrichment program designed to attract the most creative, research-oriented medical, dental, and veterinary students to the NIH intramural campus in Bethesda, Maryland. Student scholars engage in a closely mentored research project that matches their research interests and career goals.
- Learn More
- HIV Vaccine Research Grants for Medical Students
- Seeking African American/Black and Latino/a medical students interested in HIV vaccine research
- Learn More
- NIH Summer Internships and Medical Scholars Research Programs
- Application for the 2019-’20 cycle will be October 1, 2018 to January 11,2019
- Learn more
Please visit the Department of Medicine Scholarly Activities website to view opportunities.
Please visit the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology website to view opportunities.
Share Your Feedback
Please let us know if you are experiencing any issues, have suggestions, or want to share a scholarly or research opportunity by filling out the feedback form on this page. We are able to provide helpful updates for everyone based on comments and feedback from users like you. Thank you!