- 2019 Education Debt Manager for Matriculating and Graduating Medical School Students
- 2019-2020 First Friday Webinars online
- Save the Dates!!! Debt Management/ Financial Literacy Events scheduled at the Chicago Campus
- Repayment Plans Compared
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) – Check your federal student loan history and find your Federal Student Loan Servicer(s) online.
- Living on a Resident’s Salary AND Paying Your Student Loans – You Can Do It!
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) ebook
- Complete the Exit Counseling when you drop below half-time enrollment, Graduate, or Leave school
- Need Help getting started?
- Schedule an appointment in the Chicago Campus with:
- Schedule an appointment in the Rockford Campus with:
- Stephanie Williams, Director of Academic Skills and Debt Management, at the UI COM Rockford campus by calling her at 815-395-5704 or sending her an email at email@example.com
- Amy Haban, Academic Advisor and Debt Management, at the UI COM Rockford campus by calling her at 815-395-5756 or sending her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an appointment in the Peoria Campus with:
- Dennis Driscoll, Financial Literacy Advisor and Debt Management, at the UI COM Peoria campus by calling him at 309-671-8402 or sending him an email at email@example.com
Monitor Your Credit
Loan Repayment Programs
Some service programs will repay your student loans on your behalf in exchange for a service commitment. See the Service Awards page for more information.
Learn to Budget
To successfully repay your student loans, you must be able to budget your monthly expenses effectively.
- The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) personal finances includes budgeting basics and a fillable Monthly Budget Worksheet.
- With the AAMC Financial Wellness program, account holders will have free access to financial calculators, articles, and videos to create a budget, track spending, create financial goals, and enhance your knowledge about credit, financial planning, money management, and more.
- New webinars and videos can be found on FIRST’s webpage at www.aamc.org/videowebinars and FIRST’s YouTube channel. If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UIC has a separate office called the USFSCO Student Money Management Center that will also help you budget your monthly expenses effectively.
- Make a Budget Appointment
- Session Handouts
- Helpful Links
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
- FedLoan Servicing hosted a webinar for medical/health profession students that provided an overview of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program..
- Topics covered included
- Eligibility requirements
- Eligible Public Service Organizations
- Repayment Options and Employment Certification.
- Topics covered included
- You can listen to the webinar recording here.