Financial Wellness Program
To successfully repay your student loans, you must be able to budget your monthly expenses effectively. Through the financial wellness program, our office encourages best student loan borrowing practices.
- The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) personal finances includes budgeting basics and a fillable Monthly Budget Worksheet.
- With the AAMC Financial Wellness program, account holders will have free access to financial calculators, articles, and videos to create a budget, track spending, create financial goals, and enhance your knowledge about credit, financial planning, money management, and more.
- New webinars and videos can be found on FIRST’s webpage at www.aamc.org/videowebinars and FIRST’s YouTube channel. If you have any questions, reach out to [email protected].
- Financial Literacy Events scheduled at the Chicago Campus -recording available through UIC Blackboard/Financial Aid after March 16, 2020.
- Assests Risk of Identity Theft
- You should monitor your credit, as your credit history can affect your ability to own a home and get a job. Request a free credit report annually from each of the three major credit bureaus. Request your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com. The free reports are part of a national program to help consumers protect their identity and personal information.
- Need Help getting started?
- Chicago students follow below chart:
Loan Repayment Programs
Some service programs will repay your student loans on your behalf in exchange for a service commitment. See the Service Awards page for more information.