- 2018 Education Debt Manager for Graduating Medical School Students
- 2018-2019 Education Debt Manager for Matriculating and Graduating Medical School Students
- Repayment Plans Compared
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) ebook
- Contact your loan servicer
- Complete the Exit Counseling when you drop below half-time enrollment, Graduate, or Leave school
- Need Help getting started schedule an appointment with the UIC COM Financial Aid Office at 312-413-0127 or email MEDICINEFINAID@LISTSERV.UIC.EDU
Monitor Your Credit
Learn to Budget
To successfully repay your student loans, you must be able to budget your monthly expenses effectively. The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) has teamed up with SALT to help you own your personal finances. Create a free account with SALT.
Use the fillable Monthly Budget Worksheet available through SALT to help assist with budgeting your expenses.
Loan Repayment Programs
Some service programs will repay your student loans on your behalf in exchange for a service commitment. See the Service Awards page for more information.
OSFA Presentations and Workshops
The links below provide recordings and powerpoints covering a range of topics to help you manage your finances during and after medical school.
In this workshop, representatives from the USFSCO Student Money Management Center and the Office of Student Financial Aid cover information regarding effects of budgeting and credit on your financial aid, student loan debt, and future.
Credit and Budgeting Workshop – Youtube Video, July 30th, 2013
Make a Budget Appointment
Money Matters – Webinar Series
UIC College of Medicine Office of Student Financial Aid and USFSCO Student Money Management Center has teamed up to present mini-webinar series called Money Matters.
The webinar series covers topics such as credit, scholarships, building a budget and choosing a financial professional.
We aim to empower YOU with the necessary financial tools and resources YOU will need for a successful future.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
FedLoan Servicing hosted a webinar for medical/health profession students that provided an overview of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Topics covered included:
- Eligibility requirements
- Eligible Public Service Organizations
- Repayment Options; and Employment Certification.
You can listen to the webinar recording here.
If you wish to reach out to FedLoans , visit www.myfedloan.org[/fusion_text]