- 2019 Education Debt Manager for Matriculating and Graduating Medical School Students
- Repayment Plans Compared
- Living on a Resident’s Salary AND Paying Your Student Loans – You Can Do It!
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) ebook
- Contact your loan servicer
- Complete the Exit Counseling when you drop below half-time enrollment, Graduate, or Leave school
- Need Help getting started? Schedule an appointment with Anaberta Acosta, Associate Director of Debt Management, at the UIC COM Financial Aid Office by calling her at 312-355-4500 or sending her an email at email@example.com.
Monitor Your Credit
Loan Repayment Programs
Some service programs will repay your student loans on your behalf in exchange for a service commitment. See the Service Awards page for more information.
Learn to Budget
To successfully repay your student loans, you must be able to budget your monthly expenses effectively. The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) personal finances includes budgeting basics.
Use the fillable Monthly Budget Worksheet available through AAMC to help assist with budgeting your expenses.
With the AAMC Financial Wellness program, account holders will have free access to financial calculators, articles, and videos to create a budget, track spending, create financial goals, and enhance your knowledge about credit, financial planning, money management, and more.
- Make a Budget Appointment
- Session Handouts
- Helpful Links
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
FedLoan Servicing hosted a webinar for medical/health profession students that provided an overview of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program..
Topics covered included:
- Eligibility requirements
- Eligible Public Service Organizations
- Repayment Options; and Employment Certification.
You can listen to the webinar recording here.