Developed in 2009 as part of the Hispanic Center of Excellence’s medical pipeline initiative, the Medicina Academy Apprentice Program is a pre-medical program aimed to initiate an educational pathway into medical school by investing in the preparation of high school students aspiring to become physicians. Apprentices take part in medical courses & lab sessions; higher education courses; and inter/intrapersonal activities; and career development sessions twice a month on Saturdays. (Program dates: September 2023 – May 2024)
Interested 9th, 10th, and 11th graders can apply by submitting the MAAP Admissions online Application, including a personal statement, recommendation letter and form, and unofficial transcript.
- Apply Early!
- Must be a current 9th, 10th or 11th grader at time of application (Needs to be matriculated in high school and in 10th, 11th or 12th grade by Fall 2023);
- Hispanic/Latino origin or interested in medical careers that serve the Latino community;
- Know at minimum conversational Spanish;
- Submit all completed items listed under the Checklist for Admissions Packet.
- Application should be completed and submitted by the student.
- Applications are accepted until spots are filled or no later than April 21, 2023.
- Packets that are incomplete or received after the deadline will not be considered.
- It is best to complete this application using a computer.
For more information:
Phone: (312) 355-2529 * Email: [email protected]