Programs for High School Students
Medicina Academy Apprentice Program (MAAP) Heading link
Developed in 2009 as part of the Hispanic Center of Excellence’s medical pipeline initiative, the Medicina Academy Apprentice Program is a pre-medical program aimed to initiate an educational pathway into medical school by investing in the preparation of high school students aspiring to become physicians. Apprentices take part in medical courses & lab sessions; higher education courses; and inter/intrapersonal activities; and career development sessions twice a month on Saturdays. (Program dates: September 2023 – May 2024)
Interested 9th, 10th, and 11th graders can apply by submitting the MAAP Admissions online Application, including a personal statement, recommendation letter and form, and unofficial transcript.
- Must be a current 9th, 10th or 11th grader at time of application (Needs to be matriculated in high school and in 10th, 11th or 12th grade by Fall 2023);
- Hispanic/Latino origin or interested in medical careers that serve the Latino community;
- Know at minimum conversational Spanish;
- Submit all completed items listed under the Checklist for Admissions Packet.
- Application should be completed and submitted by the student.
- Application coming January 2024
- Packets that are incomplete or received after the deadline will not be considered.
- It is best to complete this application using a computer.
For more information:
Phone: (312) 355-2529