University Medical Student Council (UMSC)
The University Medical Student Council (UMSC) is established with the intent of supporting and promoting the collective interests of the medical students of the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
This mission shall be achieved through fostering communication and cooperation among the four campuses of the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
University of Illinois College of Medicine (UICOM)
Diversity Council Support Committee Collaboration Fund Project
Awards will be Sponsored in Part from Funds from
The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Health Equity Pilot Program (BCBSIL – HEPP)
The Diversity Council Support Committee is proud to announce a new opportunity to provide modest funds to UICOM medical student organizations in support of events/programming designed to promote cross-cultural understanding and awareness for the UICOM community. The one-time only awards will help to support a broad range of events and programming, awarded preferably to organizations that work collaboratively with one or more UICOM organizations on a particular, cross-cultural event or programming.
• Modest awards (up to $1500), sponsored in part from a grant from the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Health Equity Pilot Program (BCBSIL-HEPP), will be administered by the Diversity Council Support Committee.
• The deadline for Fall Applications is due by midnight, Monday, October 4 and Spring Application deadline TBD.
Successful awardees will demonstrate ability conduct innovative, academic, social programs or events which are designed to enhance and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the UICOM community.
Award May Support (but is not limited to):
• Speaker honoraria
• Marketing (event flyers, brochures, posters, etc.)
• IT support
• Campus room space
• Food & non-alcoholic beverages
Award Will Not Support:
• Purchase of alcoholic beverages
• Conference fees, travel, hotel or transportation
• Off-campus activities
• Political activities
• Equipment and/or office supplies
• Other University restricted items
For questions, please contact Constance Umbles-Sailers, Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion UICOM at [email protected]
Submit Application to: https://uofi.app.box.com/f/649eca6e9f3e40bda5498c62b9418eed
May 8th, 2020: Read UMSC open letter to the heads of NBME and FSMB on ongoing disruptions to USMLE Step 1, Step 2CS and Step 2CK exams. Read the official position of UMSC here.