Education Medicine Program (EdMED)
EdMED Heading link
The Education Medicine Program (EdMED) is a 4-year curricular program that runs in parallel to the core medical school curriculum. EdMED provides medical students with mentored experiences in medical education practice and scholarship. It seeks to prepare students for careers in academic medicine as educators or educational researchers. Participants will learn to:
- Recognize appropriate educational practices (instruction, assessment, curriculum, program evaluation, etc.) for medical education,
- Apply educational theories and conceptual frameworks used in scholarship,
- Translate educational practice to research questions,
- Identify research methodologies for studying specific research questions, and
- Engage in effective scientific writing for disseminating scholarship.
For more information, please contact Julie Mann at email@example.com.