HEPP FACULTY & STAFF DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
FACULTY CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
- The Faculty & Staff Development Committee of the Health Equity Pilot Program (HEPP) seeks proposals from Black, LatinX, or Native American/Pacific Islander University of Illinois College of Medicine Assistant or Associate Professors interested in applying for funding to support a project/initiative to positively impact their career advancement, including promotion with or without tenure. For the Round 1 funding, up to $20K will be awarded to each selected recipient to advance their career in the area of research, clinical practice, education, or service. Projects should be completed within 12 months of funding or IRB approval (for research proposals), whichever is later. Below, the criteria and instructions for application are detailed.
- The application packet deadline is due by FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
- Applicant is a UI COM Assistant or Associate Faculty Underrepresented in Medicine (URiM) by HEPP definitions, specifically Black, LatinX, or Native American/Pacific Islander.
- A fully-completed application packet.
- Application must focus on the following project/initiative areas: scholarly activities (e.g., research); quality improvement projects; educational initiatives; clinical initiatives; service activities (related to UI COM mission); and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
- Priority given to projects/initiatives to address health disparities and/or to increase workforce diversity
DEADLINE: Please send application packet to https://uic.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bJwMyea9kw2QUWW by
FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
- Complete application packet which must include confirmation that the applicant meets the selection criteria; the anticipated benefit of this award on career development; detailed description of the project/initiative, along with project progress and evaluation tools, and expected outcomes. A Curriculum Vitae, statement from Department Head, mentor letter of support and a combined document PDF complete the packet.
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- Brief Statement of Support from Department Chair (1-2 paragraphs) stating departmental support, applicant’s accomplishments in the area focused in the application (i.e., clinical, education, research, service, DEI), and applicant’s future potential success
- Letter of Support from a Mentor (maximum 1 page) describing applicant’s track record, as well as feasibility of project/initiative and agreement to support faculty member.
- Combine all application components into one PDF
HEPP Faculty Staff Application
Faculty Staff Career Dev Budget Template