Faculty of the Year: Guidelines, Criteria and Required Materials
- All full time and part time faculty of the College of Medicine are eligible for this honor. While College administrators and Department Heads are eligible, strong cases must be presented for their receiving the award and should include evidence of a faculty constituency that highly supports their nomination.
- Any College of Medicine faculty member may make a nomination, although nominators should not be current members of the College Committee on Faculty Awards. The impact of the nominee’s achievements does not need to have occurred in the year of the award. If the nominator is not the head of the nominee’s unit, the nominator must also submit a copy of the nomination materials to the appropriate head for his or her endorsement.
- All complete submissions will be reviewed by the College Committee on Faculty Awards, who will make recommendations for the Dean of the College of Medicine. If a campus wishes to use a selection committee to rank order its nominees it may do so and provide that information to the Faculty Awards Committee.
Excellence in any or all of the areas listed below.
- Special achievement in University leadership or national/regional society organization or administration.
- Receipt of a prestigious national recognition that reflects positively on the College of Medicine or the University.
- Recognition for outstanding teaching, clinical or research performance.
- Special effectiveness in curriculum or instructional material development.
- Nominee’s up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- A detailed letter of support from the nominator, describing the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions to UIC. If the nominator is not the head of the nominee’s unit, the nominator should also submit a copy of the nomination materials to the appropriate head for his or her endorsement.
- Failure to supply all required materials may result in a returned application.
- Materials must be submitted electronically as a PDF file to [email protected] by Friday, March 17, 2023.
NOTE: Nominations for faculty at the Peoria and Rockford campuses may have an earlier deadline at the local level. Please check with your Regional Dean’s Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the COM Office of Faculty Affairs